ALI takes a two-pronged approach to strategic planning:
- Defining the "value proposition" — your key to success that is actionable and differentiates your company from your competitors.
- Identifying the 20 percent of work that will drive 80 percent of the key business results.
These results are achieved through Results Focused Backplanning (RFB), a unique approach for creating a clear line of sight from strategy to the most critical near-term tactical outcomes.
Results Focused Backplanning (RFB)
- Shifts the focus of the planning process from what is realistic today to what must be achieved tomorrow by transforming a distant two-year goal into what must be accomplished in three-month increments;
- Clarifies for top management the key decisions to make now that will have the biggest impact on long-term success;
- Makes progress easy to measure without micro-managing;
- Drives cross-organizational collaboration where needed to achieve critical results;
- Uncovers the false assumptions in the organization that undermine progress;
- Defines up front the resources needed across the organization to achieve key strategic outcomes.